Friday, October 14, 2005

Some entertaining stories of simple solutions

Over at Snopes today I found these tales of brilliantly simple solutions for problems. They may be apocryphal but the match one has always been one of my faves.

I can add one I saw in a creativity book somewhere. The execs at an airline manufacturer where having problems with the wings literally ripping off the planes. They asked the entire company to suggest possible solutions for the problem. One of the suggestions worked perfectly well: put holes in the metal connectors that hold on the wings. The company execs asked the suggester to come forward and were suprised to be faced by the toilet cleaner. "How did you know that would work?" they asked him. "Well" he said, "I noticed that toilet paper never tears along the dotted lines!"

No comments: