Sunday, January 15, 2006

Reverse-reach technique using images

About this post

Technique in a nutshell: choose a subject. Imagine someone had previously shown you a picture that made you name that subject. What was that picture? Use that picture to generate more subjects. Repeat the cycle

Reverse-reach using images

This technique is similar to the technique discussed in the reverse-reach post. However, images are used instead of words.

Using the technique

I start with a subject in mind; I will choose the Olympics. To create a reverse-reach using images I imagine that someone has shown me an image and asked "What does this image make you think of?" I create a possible image that could have triggered my response: "The Olympics". So, a possible image could be:


At the next stage I consider other answers that I could have given in response to this image and the question "What does this image make you think of?"

Possible answer: the Star Trek teleport area

At the next stage I create a reverse-reach image for 'Star Trek teleport area':



Again, for the next stage I ask "What does this image make me think of?". Possibility: pelican crossing.

I continue and create a reverse-reach image for 'pelican crossing':


What does this image make me think of? Possible answer: an oar.

I can continue this cycle.

Quotas

As discussed in the reverse-reach post I can introduce a quota at any stage. I can generate several images that would have prompted a particular response and generate several responses to each of those images.

No comments: