Sunday, April 19, 2009

Current creativity projects...

I've become both a keen student of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and a prolific writer of jokes. Inspired by the lessons I've learned in the Medici Effect, I've been thinking about ways to fuse CBT techniques, joke-writing techniques, and creativity tips (especially those generated in the BrainReactions challenge: 100 Tips for Improving your Creativity.)

I'm thinking this will be a kind of brainstorming template where the idea is to create 100 ideas, with each entry on the list being guided by prompters within the template (Such as "Name something that won't work", or "How would you achieve the opposite?"

I'm thinking there could be different templates for different tasks -- such as: problem solving (and definition), creating ideas, and the listing of information and facts. I will start blogging about some of the techniques I've used so far and see how it works out.


No comments: